Sunday, March 10, 2013

Organizing ~ Leftover Pictures


There's one part of scrapbooking that I find very hard to get to....filing away the pictures I didn't end up using in the scrapbook.  Don't get me wrong, I have a system.  Oh, you know I do!  I have three white shoe boxes labeled according to whose pictures go in each one.  But actually putting the pictures into the boxes after scrapbooking...well that's just not the most pressing job on my "to-do list".  So instead, I just let the "file these" picture pile up and up and up.

That is, until I realized that even a 5-year-old could sort these pictures into the boxes!  You guessed it, I solicited my boys to sort and file the pictures for me.  My 7-year-old took the job a little more seriously but...I expected that.  The boys had fun looking at the pictures during the process too.  And now all my "not using" pictures are put away.  Yay!

Sometimes it pays to spend a minute figuring out an alternative way to get something done.  :)

No comments: