Friday, February 17, 2012

On-The-Go Card Making!


Squeeeeeal! I am onto another fantabulous, SIMPLE CRAFTING idea! We all know the Monthly Samplers have me just giddy about simple scrapbooking and cardmaking. And now I have come across another great idea! This time, it's an "on-the-go" system for making quick cards...whenever you are out and about.

I learned this idea in this month's SU demonstrator magazine. You basically put pre-cut cardstock for one simple card design and all the supplies needed to make that card into a stamp set case (called a clamshell container). Yes, it's supposed to be so easy that all your supplies should fit in the container!

After reading the article in the magazine, I immediately went the stamp room (11:50 pm) and put together an "On-the-Go Card Kit" for the next day's music class. The boys are in class for 30 minutes, and I knew it was the perfect time to test out a kit like this. Here was my container of supplies:


A Few Stamps (I included stamps for the card, the inside of the card, and the envelopes)
Cardstock (I used SU's pre-cut notecards and envelopes for the base of my cards)
Ribbon off the spool (just a wad of ribbon or twine will work)
Ink Pad (can be replaced by a black marker but I had room for it)
SU Markers (can be used to color in images, ink up rubber stamps, and write out cards!)
Sharp Scissors
Adhesive
And here is the card I am making. I have supplies in my kit for 9 cards. I got one done that day in music...I talked a lot more than stamped. ;)

I even stamped the inside and envelope which sometimes I am in too much of a hurry to do.


I just LOVE this idea! And it was as fun as I thought it would be! Not only did I get a card made, but I had other moms inquiring about what I was doing. I loved showing them how easy it is to make hand made cards! This will be a great way for me to slowly build up my birthday and thank-you card stashes. AND I can do it while I am out with the kids...sports practice, library time, the park, games, classes, etc! Maybe you work and could pull this off on lunch hours and breaks! The clam shell container is nice and compact. It should fit in your purse! The only extra tip I would add is to have some travel baby wipes in your purse too, so you can clean your stamps off.

What do you think?! Anyone super pumped to try this!?

I am linking to:

2 comments:

Rebecca Waddell said...

This is a great idea! So smart! I am going to do this. I often go to a girlfriends to stamp together but it is sometimes overwhelming to decide what to bring. I could make up several kits and then just grab and go! Thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

Just came across this idea while searching for something else. Thank you for helping me plan a crafty kit to take on vacation. I could so see me taking this to Panera to work on over coffee in the morning.

--LindaBabe