Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Scallop Circle Pin Cushion

Being that I am a sewing newbie, even a pin cushion can prove to be quite a challenge. But I had all the elements to make a fun one...so I gave it a try! I cut this awesome AMY BUTLER fabric with the SCALLOP CIRCLE #2 bigz die in my BIG SHOT. Now how is that for excitement?!

The fun thing about Amy Butler is that her patterns come in both paper and fabric. What a way to tie the two crafts of stamping and sewing together! And my mom sells Amy Butler in her quilt shop so I just had to snag some of her scraps. :)

It took me a few tries to get the feel for sewing in a circle. And I still may not be doing it right but... I'll check with mom. Making pin cushions with the square scallop die was easier, but I didn't have this cutesy fabric then. Plus I like this cushion nice and small.

If I get better at making these, we may have to do a GIVEAWAY soon! Anyone need a pin cushion? Hey, even stampers use pins for their ribbon at least, right?

2 comments:

Mandy said...

super cute!!!!!!!!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

that is adorable! I was watching project runway the other night and they were wearing their pincushions on their wrists. I thought that was a great idea because often times people are mobile while sewing (at least clothing) and this designer pincushion would look so fabulous on the wrist! lol. Great job with the sewing, keep up the great work.