Thursday, March 4, 2010

Rag Purse with Scallop Square Die

This is my first sewing project ever! I know it's a little rough, but I am inspired to keep trying and to get better. This is a rag purse using the Square Scallop Die in the Big Shot. It cuts through 8 layers of fabric at a time! It was super fun using the Big Shot to cut the squares for this purse.

I used the online tutorial over at Chicknscratch if you would like to give this a whirl.

If you love the fabric it is from my mom's quilt shop, Sew Unique. It is the Backporch Bouquet line from Maywood Studio. She takes online orders at sewunique @ sewunique dot org. And she helped me with this project so she knows exactly what you need for this bag.

Even more exciting is that my mom and I are hoping to team up for a stamping/quilting retreat this summer!!! She would be at our disposal for two days, to learn all we want to about sewing machines. Even if you have never used a sewing machine, she is excited to teach us paper crafters! And I will enlighten the quilters about the Big Shot...and let them make a card too. :)

I can't wait to show you more fabric projects cut with the Big Shot! Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

awesome job! can't wait to put on together myself!

Angela said...

Love it and you did a great job! And boy, oh, boy, it is in my favorite colors!

Theresa Tyree said...

Oh, you finished it!! It looks great, Jamie! I really love the adorable pin cushion as well! I'm inspired to dust off my sewing machine!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable! I love it. Great colors.

hol said...

CUTE!!