Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Stampin' Up! Starter: Coloring

For today's Stampin' Up! Starter Blog Series, we are going to go a little more advanced....with COLORING! The thing that first drew me to Stampin' Up! was the watercoloring technique that could be done with their watercolor pencils and blender pens. I thought the technique looked so professional on handmade cards. I could COLOR without the image looking like kindergarten coloring...it could be blended and softened like real artist quality.

So I wanted to show you my idea for starting with SU coloring for just $50. With this assortment of products, you can pick your coloring medium. You would also need the Staz On black ink that doesn't smear with watercoloring (I forgot to include the ink pad in the picture). And I've suggested notecards and a good outline image stamp set for coloring (and it's FREE!). Then to finish off the cutely colored card, I added some ribbon as I'm often known for doing.

The supplies I suggest for starting with SU coloring is:

Watercolor Crayons (set of 12) $19.95 & Blender Pens $9.95 OR
Watercolor Pencils (set of 24) $19.95 & Blender Pens $9.95 OR
SU Markers (set of 12) 31.95 with no blender pens needed

Notecards $5.95 (20 cards and envelopes in white)
Black Staz On Ink Pad $7.95
Taffeta Ribbon $6.95 (10 yards in white, green, blue, pink, and more)

Happy Moments Stamp Set (FREE with the $50 purchase of the above supplies!) Great for many occasions, with words for birthday, thanks, and general "for you".

How's that for getting started with your Stampin' Up! coloring?! You will certainly feel like a budding artist with these goodies in hand. My suggestions provide all the supplies you need for getting beautiful cards out the door and to your loved ones! Still $50 for 20 cards AND supplies you will use over and over is unbeatable at Hallmark! ;)

1 comment:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Jamie, that bow is to die for! Wow, how on earth do you make your bows so perfect?! Love the coloring on your main image as well. NICE CARD! And I love this display you put on here, so great, this is a nice package for just $50.00.