Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Stampin' Up! Starter: Monogram Cards


Today I am adding an extra component to my Stampin' Up! Starter idea. Today's card idea will require layering. But don't be scared away, I have EASY measurements for you!

I am calling this the Monogram Kit. How "in" are monograms, really!? Or do they ever go out of style? I just love making monogram notecards for friends and family. There's just something extra special about that kind of personalization on something handmade.

The supplies on this kit idea run right at about $50, qualifying for a free Sale-A-Bration item. The free item I suggest is the designer paper pack that can be used for layering on these monogram cards. The papers come 6x6", and I simply cut the layer for the card to 2x3". That means you can get 6 layers from one sheet of 6x6! And the pack comes with 72 sheets of 6x6!

Just imagine, you can make ANY monogram you want with an alphabet stamp set! Also in this kit is another pack of 20 notecards and envelopes. Then you also want a marker to ink up your letters and to write out your cards and envelopes. I think black ink will look sharpest with the colors in the paper pack.

Here are the supplies and cost on this fun Monogram Kit Idea:

Alphabet Stamp Set $43.95 (I used Schoolbook Serif)
Note Cards $5.95 (20 notecards and envelopes in white)
Stampin' Write Marker $3.25 (I used black)
Welcome Neighbor Designer Paper (free with $50 purchase)

I would also note that in addition to monograms, alphabet stamp sets also work great for titles in scrapbooking!

1 comment:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

these are so cute! What a great gift idea.