Friday, November 16, 2012

$5 Friday ~ Fabric Scalloped Squares for Coasters! Gift Idea!


Happy Friday!  Are you ready for this week's bargain!? 

Since I had some retired SU Christmas fabric on hand, I thought I would die-cut some scalloped squares in the Big Shot so someone could possibly make fabric coasters with them.  The fabric coasters at a recent Stamp Club were a hit!  Even my non-seamstresses found sewing 4 straight lines to be pretty darn easy.




Each $5 set will have 8 pieces of pre-cut fabric, enough to make 4 double-sided coasters.  And each fabric set will be packaged in a nice cellophane bag. 






COASTER DIRECTIONS
Cut 4 pieces of batting into 3x3" squares
Sandwich the batting between two pieces of fabric, with the right sides of the fabric facing out
Start sewing the three pieces together (2 fabric and 1 batting) starting in one corner
Don't forget to back stitch at the start and finish of your coasters
Package four finished coasters in the cellophane bag to give them as a Christmas gift!
The cellophane bag can be taped up with a cute sticker,
Or make a bag topper to finish off the cellophane bag to give the coasters as a gift




I have three sets of the retired Christmas fabric cut into scalloped squares.  But I also have two sets of the Flirtatious fabric cut into scalloped squares.  Flirtatious is current fabric in the SU catalog.  I had it leftover from Stamp Club and decided to make a couple more $5 kits with it.  :)

So here we go, $5 Friday is officially open.  Contact me quickly to take your set of pre-cut fabric and have fun making a $5 gift for Christmas!  I promise it will only take you 30 minutes to put these together, tops!  Maybe it's time you get that sewing machine out and have a little fun.  :)

3 SETS OF CHRISTMAS FABRIC FOR COASTERS
(can be used anytime, it's not real Christmas-y)

All sets are as shown




 2 SETS OF FLIRTATIOUS FABRIC FOR COASTERS

Set A - 4 purple, 4 dark pink
Set B - 4 purple, 2 dark pink, 2 light pink




Last week's $5 offerings were gone by late afternoon on Friday.  So contact me quickly to get first dibs on the fabric of your choice.  First come, first serve.  

Shipping is $2 per set.  

Thank you so much for all the kind feedback about $5 Friday!  I love coming up with the week's offerings, and it sounds like you look forward to seeing what I have in store.  You guys are the best! 



2 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I love mine!!! Love the new look of your blog too!!!

Septic Tank Cleaning Staten Island said...

Great postt thanks