Sunday, January 29, 2012

Enchanted Sampler Cards $6


Helllllllo, it's me again! I made my 8 cards with the February Sampler this afternoon, and I knew you'd want to see! So many of you are purchasing the samplers to make cards...I think that's so cool!

So here I cut the 12x12 Vanilla Cardstock into 8 4x8" pieces to make card bases. Folded in half, those pieces become square 4x4" cards. Put these in SU's medium envelopes. They aren't square, but they fit great. And no extra postage will be required with a "normal" envelope! :)

Then I cut the 4x4" designer papers (DSP) down to 3-1/2" squares. Save those pieces you are cutting off because I used those strips for two of the cards!

Layer your 3-1/2" designer papers on top of 6 of your card bases. For the 7th and 8th cards, use your strips of DSP as shown above. One card with the scrap pieces got the embossed heart and brad, how cute! The other scrap piece card got the ribbon. :)

For the other 6 cards, stamp your image with the stamps of your choice. Here I chose "Triple Treat Flower". It is an individual stamp that can be purchased for $8.95, page 18 in the Idea Book & Catalog. It's a fun stamp because it coordinates with three of SU's punches. But I didn't use the punches on these cards because I want to make them as simple and accessible as possible in case you want to use the same stamp. You don't have to have the punches to have fun with this stamp! The Triple Treat Flower can also be earned for FREE during Sale-A-Bration, with a $50 purchase!

However, I did use my set of 2010-2012 In-Color Markers to ink the stamps, that's how some are multi-colored. If you don't want to purchase ink pads, markers are a great alternative for inking stamps! The In-Color set of 5 markers had 2 of the colors that coordinate with the Enchantment DSP, Poppy Parade and Pear Pizzazz. I also used my Crumb Cake ink for one of the flowers, and I like that look too. You could almost stamp them all in a light brown, and it would look good...if you aren't up for coloring with markers.

If you would like to make these exact same cards with your February Sampler, you would need:

Triple Treat Flower $8.95
In-Color Markers $14.95

If you purchase both items from me, outside of Stamp Club, you will qualify for another punch on your punch card! Remember, 12 punches in 12 months earns $12 free!

Remember, until January 31st, you can reserve your Jan, Feb, Mar Samplers or the whole quarter for a punch on your card. Each month's sampler is just $6.

No comments: