Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Scallop Circle Paper Flower!

Stamp Set: A Little Birthday Cheer (SAB alternative)
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo
DSP: Melon Mambo Designer Prints
Punch: Scallop Circle, Scallop Trim (SAB)
Accessory: Pumpkin Pie Corduroy Button

You may be seeing that paper flowers are all the rage right now! And there are so many fun versions out there! I spent an evening reading and watching tutorials, checking out samples, and trying to figure out the most user-friendly paper flowers for me and for my Stamp Club. I think I have trained my stampers to be quick and easy, practical stampers like myself, LOL.

After finding a few of my favorites, I combined a couple to come up with what I thought was the perfect paper flower (for now). I especially love this little flower because it's quick, easy, and it's not TOO 3D so it can easily be sent through the USPS in an envelope. Told you I'm practical!

Here are the steps for this fun flower:
  • Use SU's Scallop Circle Punch to punch 1 scallop circle from cardstock or designer paper
  • Use a sponge and ink pad to ink around the edges of the punched scallop circle
  • Use paper snips to snip at every other scallop, making little heart shapes as you go
  • Use a piercing tool to fold up each petal. I place the side of the metal piercer along the center of each petal and then gently fold the two sides up around it.
If you have any questions, just ask. We made need a visual for this.

3 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is adorable, love the paper flower that is "sendable" and the colors. Very pretty

Mandy said...

super cute! love the color combo.

Theresa Tyree said...

This is one of those hit myself up the side of my head and say, "Now, why didn't I think of that!!" Brilliant! I can't wait to make my own paper flowers now!