Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Twitterpated Sampler ~ Completed Layout


Hello! I am giddy to show you my first Monthly Sampler done as a completed layout. This was the January Sampler featuring the Twitterpated products. As you can see I chose to journal on all the white pieces except for the one with our awesome snowflake and ribbon embellishments.

I did not use a title except to note that these were the first and second weeks of the year. My little secret is that I am going to try to scrapbook more weekly than monthly, which means I am going to need to make extra layouts. I am not sure how long I can keep this up, it's rather an experiment. But we will see! With easy layouts like these, I am hopeful that I can keep the enthusiasm going and pump out more pages this year. I want to capture more of the everyday things than just the big events. And I want to journal the everyday...because those memories are important!

Page one is Week 1. I went with the simple 3.75" square pictures. I included on one of the white cards a stub from the Globetrotters. I'm trying to remember to save little memorabilia like this to include on my pages. Look, I even wrote right on the Lego picture. This style of scrapbooking is so laid back and anything goes!


For Week 2, I had pictures that I didn't want to crop down to 3.75" square. And I tend to print my pictures in True Digital so they don't come 4x6". I just did the best I could with the size they were printed. The top left picture is actually two pictures cropped and butted up next to each other to take on the size of the other pictures.


I would love to hear how your layouts and/or cards from the Monthly Samplers are going! Personally, I am not missing the traditional titles and photo mats one bit. I am really enjoying the chance to journal more if I want. And I MOST love that I don't have to waste time designing new layouts over and over...and that I can play with lots of SU designer papers!

I hope you are inspired!

2 comments:

Angela aka disneychick said...

Really like these layouts! You do such a wonderful job! I have yet to work with all of my kits (last year and this years! EEK!) Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your groups!

Mandy said...

great pages!!! love the writing on the photo and saving the stub!!!