Saturday, August 20, 2011

Scrap Kit: August $9


I don't know about you, but in the month of August I like to think it's a time to "relax" from the all excitement of summer. Enjoying the bounty of the garden, taking one last vacation, finally using my passes to Knight's Action Park (or maybe that's just me)...but you get the idea.

So this is our August layout using Petal Paisleys DSP. I liked the "gardeny" feel of the designs. And the colors are so pretty, reminds me of late summer colors.

Each picture frame is die-cut with scalloped squares, and is tied up with linen thread and a large brad.


I used the Tasteful Trim border die to make the wavy scalloped border, in a pretty and colorful floral print. I love how the white background pops on the unusual 12x12 color, River Rock. It makes the sand color take on a light green tone. I love it!

And the journal box is dry embossed with the Framed Tulips Die. It's wrapped in Olive Seam Binding and accented with the Sweet Stems Embosslit in designer paper.


I think all these elements go great together and just say "happy end of summer".


The title RELAX is cut in the Simple Alphabet dies. I am imagining writing in cursive, next to the title, "and enjoy". "Relax and Enjoy"...the rest of your summer!


If you would like a kit, contact me by Monday, August 22nd. Each kit purchased receives a punch on my punch card. 12 punches in 12 months earns $12 in free SU product! :)

Happy Weekend!



No comments: