Monday, March 22, 2010

Sizzix Shadow Box Alphabet $40 SOLD

See picture in following post. I had a hard time with the picture so I had to do separate posts.

With the big move, I am weeding out a few items. This is a retired and rare THICK-CUT alphabet from Sizzix. I actually bought it used recently, and just want to get back what I paid. These used to retail for over $100, maybe $150...I'm not entirely sure.

These are the thick-cut dies so they cut through chipboard, felt, FABRIC...not to mention several layers of paper and carstock at a time. The letters are on individual dies which is handy. This is not a picture of MY dies. I don't have the original box but you will get them in a perfect-fitting Rubbbermaid for safe storage...probably safer than the cardboard box.

These will work in a Big Shot or a Cuttlebug, as well as the old Sizzix machines which these were originally made for.

There are two cuts for each letter. You can use the top layer of each letter by itself or you can shadow each letter with, well, it's "shadow die". I wanted to use this picture so you could see how they look.

Alphabets are great for scrapbooking, monograms on cards, and even for applique on sewing projects! I actually bought this set for my mom to try with her sewing, but we never got to it. And for my own sewing, I would like to use the SU alphabet dies so I can demo them.

If you would like to adopt this great die set, let me know. Thanks!

No comments: