Sunday, March 7, 2010

Scallop Oval

Stamps: Happy Moments (SAB)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla
DSP: Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Basic Black, Curry Marker
Punches: Wide Oval, Scallop Circle, Scallop Border Trim (SAB)
Ribbon: Rich Razzleberry

I made this card at the crop I attended this weekend. Time away really sparked the creativity...because I created a scallop oval frame for SU's wide oval punch. I used the scallop circle punch!

I punched three scallop circles and layered them behind the punched oval. I created a guide to show you here. I made the three scallop circles different colors to show you how they are layered.

I started with the scallop circle in the middle...with four scallops showing on each side. Then I added the top and bottom. The top and bottom each have 7 scallops showing from the circle scallop. Make sense? When you do this with a designer paper (which is thinner than cardstock and has a pattern), the overlap lines are real subtle, and you really can pull off a faux wide scallop oval!

4 comments:

JenMarie said...

Caaa-UTE card!!

Kathy H said...

Cool!

Deb T said...

Brilliant!!! See how creative you are? You should send that in to the company.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

what a great idea! Love it.