Monday, March 15, 2010

Flower Folds Key Chain: Free This Week!


You can receive a free Flower Folds Key Chain from me this week! Read on for details.

I used SU's Flower Folds and Scallops 2 Bigz Dies to make this cutesy key chain! The wonderful thing about the bigz dies is that they cut through all kinds of material, including felt. The main concept for making these into key chains is that your main flower (the brown) is actually two flowers connected with a fold at the top. You cut a piece of felt big enough for TWO flowers, fold it in half, and run it through the Big Shot with one petal cut off at the fold. This makes the loop for the key chain. And the bigz dies are so heavy duty, that they will cut through the two layers of felt like butter.

The pink flower is also from the Flower Folds die. And the cream center is from the Scallops 2 die.



I actually made my first key chains using fabric, batting, and stitching on the sewing machine. But I need to wait for my new sewing machine before I attempt to do detailed stitching on these flowers. That's when I decided to move on to felt for now. Not only is felt totally "in", but it is also great for non-sewers. You can cut felt out in your big shot and not have to make a stitch on it because it won't fray. My stitched fabric version will be coming at a later date.

You can use these as an actual key chain.


Or even dangle them from your favorite purse or tote. This tote doesn't match very well, but you get the idea.


The metal ring is actually a binding ring from the office supply store. I have a slew of those on hand. And the center is a Pretty in Pink Corduroy Button from SU's Occasions Mini Catalog.

How would you like a felt flower key chain of your own? Anyone who places an individual Sale-A-Bration $50 order with me this week (Mar 15-Mar 21), will receive a felt flower key chain. I may even let you pick your colors from what I have on hand. This gift is in addition to the free Sale-A-Bration item you get to pick with your $50 order. And as an FYI, the flower folds die will get you close to a qualifying SAB order. It is a fantastic die!


3 comments:

Angela said...

Very cute! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing all your great ideas on your BLOG! :0)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

What a great idea you got there, I really like the flower folds keychain and the colors you chose. Very nice.

Mandy said...

super cute!!!