Friday, February 26, 2010

Stamp Room: Paper Organization

Here are a few ways I organize my cardstock and paper. I bought this shelf at an office store a few years ago. And this whole unit sits on top of the armoire I showed you yesterday.

I put labels on the outside for organizing my 8.5 x 11" cardstocks. I have slots for each of SU's color families, whites, vanillas, other neutrals, specialty cardstocks, and more. I also keep cello bags, felt, and other "stuff" in here. I used to stash all my magazines here too, but I have since decided to quit hoarding hard copy inspiration. There's so much inspiration online...and that doesn't take up my precious space!

I know I don't have as much cardstock as you would expect. I try to be a minimalist when it comes to stamping supplies. So I just buy colors as I think I need them.

For now I have my 12x12 cardstock and designer papers stored in a crate. The crate sits nicely under my stamping table. I pulled it out for the picture.

I have the 12x12 sorted by: textured cardstock, family packs, individual colors, DSP, and upcoming scrap club colors. There's a couple 12x12 SU holders in there to help divide the sections.

How do you like to store paper?

3 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

nice storage! I so think you need more paper, but I am a paper hoarder. lol.

Jenn said...

Do you have all your paper in plastic bags? It's hard to tell in the picture... I just organized all of my paper a few weeks ago. I am crazy about having everything in plastic containers mostly because of dust. I also prefer to keep my paper horizontal. I bought those 12x12 plastic boxes (the ones that are almost always on sale at Michael's) and some Cropper Hopper easy access files to separate the colors. There are about 3 colors in each plastic box. And then I have a couple of boxes of patterned paper separated by major category. I also have my scraps separated by color in file box with dividers. I guess I'll see if that system works out and if not...I'll try something else!

Unknown said...

Hi Jenn,
I'm not too particular about plastic coverings so I have no set system in that regard. In the big paper sorter, I keep my cardstock in the wrapping that they come in. That's about it. Same with the 12x12 in the crate for that matter. I don't do any extra wrapping. Since I don't have a huge stash, I go through the cardstock well. And I've never had much problem with dust. Very good point though! Your system sounds pretty good!