Monday, February 1, 2010

Stamp Club: January Demo

I told you I would come back and show where the patchwork heart card came from. This is the card I demonstrated at this month's club. I love hearts, I love pink and red, I love this card! And I think I am on my way to liking quilting, something my mother will be VERY HAPPY about, considering she owns a quilting shop! And considering she gave me a very nice brand new sewing machine years ago that is still in the box! But anyways, I bought my quilted Vera Bradley bag. Then I went and made this quilt themed card. And TONIGHT, I called my mom to ask for a sewing lesson using the Big Shot machine next Saturday! I want to make something, perhaps a bag, using the scallop square die on the Big Shot. The Bigz dies will cut out fabric. Have you seen the rag purse made by Angie Kennedy Juda over at Chicknscratch?! I want to try this with Amy Butler fabrics that my mom has in stock.

If I end up a sewing success, I will prove that ANYONE can do it! I seriously don't even know how to thread my machine. We will be starting with the BASICS, for SURE! If the project is something halfway decent, maybe we can talk my mom into a local class for me and my stamping pals! Big Shot + Amy Butler Fabric + Sewing = Cute Stuff!

So back to the card above. I used the new Sweet Treat heart cups, aren't they perty?

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Textured Pretty in Pink
DSP: Love (Occasions)
Stamp: Short and Sweet
Punches: Full Heart, Small Oval & Modern Label
Accessory: Heart Sweet Treat Cup

1 comment:

Kathy H said...

Oh I love quilted cards... Looks wonderful!