Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sweet Pea Owl Journal

This is a journal I found at Michael's in the dollar section. It's has 80 pages of lined paper. The journal was already pumpkin pie color, how great is that?! I used Sweet Pea paper, the owl from Fox & Friends, and I pulled off the epoxy flowers from the chocolate brads for the owl's eyes! Isn't that super?!

Stamp Set: Fox & Friends (Occasions)
Ink: Chocolate
DSP: Sweet Pea
Cardstock: Chocolate, Pumpkin, Olive, White
Punches: 1 3/8" Circle, 1 1/4" Circle, Scallop Circle
Accessories: Chocolate Brads (Occasions), Olive/Chocolate/White Satin Ribbon (Occasions), designer buttons

I also made paper threads for the buttons using my SU tabletop paper trimmer. That thing cuts THIN shavings of paper. Have I raved about the tabletop trimmer here before? When I am asked my BEST crafting purchase ever, the tabletop trimmer is definitely the first thing that comes to mind. It is self sharpening, no refill blades needed, no frayed edges, the handle and extender store on the bottom, you don't need the extender until after 6" which is nice, and this is lightweight enough to tote along on stamp craft outings.

This cutter has been well worth $45.95. I have used mine for years now. With prepping classes, it gets a LOT of use and the self-sharpening blade shows no sign of dulling. If you have been wanting a good paper cutter, Sale-A-Bration is the perfect time to add the tabletop trimmer to your collection! You would only be $5 away from earning a free Sale-A-Bration item!

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

That journal is adorable!!

JenMarie said...

CUUUTEness!!

Mandy said...

super, super cute!!! gotta love those owls!