Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My New Camera

To all my club girls, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know you were all pulling for the red camera. But I ended up downgrading from what I thought I wanted, and it didn't come in red (boo hoo). Why you ask? Well, I decided to save $50 so I could purchase the 3 year warranty. I know, I know. I don't usually buy warranties either. But as it turns out, the life of my past digital cameras has averaged about 2 years each. I use my camera daily so I guess I'm hard on them. I am really banking on the fact that I am gonna cash in on that warranty before 3 years is up.

And hello, the BIG deciding factor on a warranty...having two little boys! Not only do they manage to sneak the camera with their grubby little hands, but I am often dropping my camera when we are out and about. Diaper bag, purse, coupons, jackets, hats, snacks, drinks...I need a cart to keep track of it all. Inevitably I drop my camera, wallet, and cell phone often.

In fact, the salesman at Office Depot made the comment, "yeah, if your camera is on it's last leg...one last drop can put it over the edge". I'm like, "Hey, how did you know that's what happened? I totally dropped it on the sidewalk at least twice at Washington Park last week, and it didn't work after that. So I guess it's death was to be expected after two years of abuse.

I think I got a good deal though. They price matched a competitor. And I should be getting $30 on my Max Perks card. That will go to good use on some printer ink. I also got a camera bag for 25% off. I'm gonna try harder not to scratch this camera up. The guy promised the warranty would replace my new camera even if I drop the sucker in the toilet. Ok, does this guy know me? Because I totally did that in college with one camera. I'm not lying. Quincy, Applebees, camera in jacket pocket, restroom break....you get the idea.

So anyways, it was a long few days without being able to capture the little monkeys on camera. I'm happy to have a new one, and I will try my hardest to take good care of it. I don't even try to talk Jeff into a fancy camera anymore. We both know it wouldn't last long enough for what we'd spend on one. Point and shoot it is.

No comments: