Monday, April 13, 2009

Pink Cat Challenge

This card was a leftover supplies last minute card but is one of my favorites! So much so, that I decided to enter it in Pink Cat Studio's recent challenge. I know it's probably too simple to win anything grand, but I like the monochromatic look.

The challenge is to either use real stitching or to use a popped up layer. It is also supposed to be a birthday or baby card. I popped up a layer with the butterfly, and made this a birthday card.

The stamp is a Pink Cat set that I got on trade. I'm highly allergic to cats but these stamps are too cute to make me sneeze! I used my nesties and then dry embossed the dots with my crop-a-dile. The papers are from SU's hostess paper pack. And I LOVE that white SU satin ribbon, my new favorite!

3 comments:

Mariska said...

I think your card is absolutely lovely Jamie! I love the monochromatic look you've given it and the gorgeous details like the ribbon, the embossing and the pop-up butterfly give the card a lovely touch. Thank you for joining in on our challenge!!

xxx
Mariska

JenMarie said...

CUTE!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

I just love your card Jamie!! It's soooo sweet and pretty, fabulous work!! Thanks for playing in the challenge!
Hugs,
Melissa