Friday, February 27, 2009

SAB: Botanical Blooms

This is my favorite Sale-A-Bration item, Botanical Blooms. I cased this idea for the flowers from dawnmercedes over at Splitcoast. Her sample is here. Hmmm, I didn't have her card in front of me when I made this. I like three flowers better. I may have to add one more to the card. The sentiment is a second SAB item, Congrats stamp set. I used and scalloped Bella Rose DSP and finished of with chocolate taffeta ribbon.


This card I cased from rj77 at Splitcoast. Here sample is here. I LOVED the colors she used, but I wanted to incorporate more of the SAB products. As it turns out, my card ended up looking like the card rj77 cased. The card is here! Isn't that funny? I used the SAB designer paper and ribbon with this card. I like how sometimes black outlines work with these flowers. Other times, I use colored outlines. You can do a lot with this set!!!


This might be my favorite. I cased the window idea from princesstepa at Splitcoast. Here's her sample. I often browse the galleries to spark my creativity but then try to make my own cards without having others' in front of me. I don't want to copy them exactly. However, it look like I went with the same colors, paper, and ribbon as the original after all. I guess these ARE the SAB items so what do I expect? Hee, hee. I have not sprung for the new Big Shot die that cuts this window so I made due with my punch. I am pleased with it's placement. Although it won't cut into the middle of the card, I can use DSP or ribbon to even out the placement and make it look centered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love the look of the bottom window card, might have to try something along those lines sometime.