Monday, October 20, 2008

Artscow Deals

Thanks to my friend Mandy, I looked more closely at the freebies that Artscow is throwing in my account. If you aren't up on Artscow, a new online photo site, you can read about it on my blog here.

Anyways, I AM very pleased with the print quality. And I like being able to get matte finish. So far, all my prints have been free. I print about 50 at a time, and it costs about $5 to ship them. It DOES take awhile to get them as they come from Hong Kong, but I'm a patient person when it comes to free stuff!

It is very funny to read about all the promos. They are plentiful and explained in not so perfect English. Sometimes they appear to be literally begging us to use their services. But so far, my experience has been that it's worth taking advantage of their freebies. I haven't paid for anything from them but shipping. Yay!

So here are my deals so far. I seem to get 50 free 4x6 prints about every month. Not sure why, I think they just like to throw out free stuff. But they do expire at the end of each month. At first I wasn't going to take advantage of this anymore because I have the boys' scrapbooks done for this year and don't really need any pictures right now. However, I decided last night that since I have 50 free prints every month through Feb 2009 so far, I will just print my current pictures and store them away for my next scrapbooking adventures. I have a file box for both boys and will keep them organized in there until I need them.

ALSO, I took advantage of a free 8x8 book from Artscow. I expected it would be a scrapbook type thing, but it ended up being like a hardcover children's book. That was even better! Now Miles loves reading his "brothers book". It was free and cost me $4.95 to ship. Not bad! I think I missed some other credits for more 8x8 books.....remember, they give out free stuff but the credits expire quickly! Darn it! But now I will be paying much better attention. Here are some pics to show you the book I made. Please note, the cover picture isn't centered great, but that's my fault. Still, for a $5 book, I'm happy with the results overall.


Some other free credits that I have in my account are for magnets, ornaments, and a calendar! I hope to utilize those for some Christmas gifts.

If you haven't already signed up at Artscow, it's worth it just to see what free stuff they will throw your way. You can register through this referral link. And if you HAVE registered, run over quickly and see what free stuff is sitting in your account! Most likely, you have several things sitting there that will expire at the end of this month.

UPDATE! Expiring today, Oct 20th, for every $16 you spend (including shipping!), you get credit for one free 30 page 8x8 book!

EXTRA TIP! Artscow accepts Paypal which I like because then I don't have to give my credit card info to Hong Kong.

If you land any great deals over at Artscow, leave a comment and tell us about it!

1 comment:

Marne said...

Hi...I was making an Artcow calendar today and most of the pics were very grainy. I have a very nice digital camera, 8 megapixel, so I know my pics are good. It makes me nervous to order it. What was your experience making the calendar?