Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Scrapbooking Style

I thought I'd take a minute to share my personal preferences for tackling scrapbooking.
  • Album size 8.5x11 or smaller. Although, I do the 12x12 size with Scrap Club.
  • 3-Ring albums. They fit more pages and post bound make me crazy.
  • Simply Scrappin Kits. I choose a kit, coordinating papers and cardstock, matching ink pads, a stamp set, an alphabet set, a couple punches, a spool of ribbon, and an accessory....throw them into my carrier and don't look back. I like this method of efficiency, even if it means my pages don't always match the colors in the pictures perfectly. Oh well. I do however go with the custom made pages for our Scrap Club.
  • Do it all at Once. I prefer short-term scrapbooking. For example, when Graham turned one, I printed his whole first year of pictures and completed his album in a couple months. You could call it intense scrapbooking. I'm not good at scrapping as I go. I like to see the big picture and plug away. Although, with Scrap Club, I do scrap month to month.
  • Scrap the Best.....Box the Rest. I am pretty good at weeding down pictures for the scrapbook. Then I keep what I don't scrap in a nice photobox. I have a photobox for each of the boys and organize each box of pictures by their ages.
  • Collage. I'm a big fan of squeezing lots of pictures on one page. I did this for both boys' first years as i take a lot of baby pictures.
  • Linear. Nothing was more freeing for me than to discover the scrapbooking style of Cathy Zielske from the magazine Simple Scrapbooks. I loved her simple, block style. Few embellishments. Lots of journaling. Everyone has their own style, and this is definitely mine...although it still took me awhile to get the hang of it and to "perfect" it.
  • Online Prints. I heart Snapfish! I love prepaid prints costing 8 cents each, showing up at my doorstep. And the quality is superb. Can you say, "matte finish!"?
I think that's all for now. What is your style? What is your system?

No comments: