Sunday, September 27, 2009

CD Tin Game

Ok Club Girls, I TOLD you that you needed these CD tins! Look at this adorable tic tac toe game that I made for Miles tonight! I know I could have been a lot more creative with this but I wanted to keep it simple enough for Miles to focus on the task at hand.

I cut black cardstock strips at 1/4" inch and put them through the Xyron. Then I put them straight onto the tin. Next I stamped the apple images from the Tart and Tangy stamp set. I actually used markers for the ink so I could get the multi-colors on each image. I stamped the images out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and layered the images onto 1 3/4" colored circles. These size circles fit PERFECTLY into the tins. How cool!

I then mounted the images onto round magnets so they pop up and are easy to pull off.

With this "neutral" design, I can change out the images with the seasons to keep the game interesting. I plan to use leaves next from the Falling Leaves stamp set on page 27.

I can't wait to come up with more magnetic activities with these tins. After seeing some stamp sets in the catalog, some of my new ideas are:
  • Magnetic build a nativity scene with Season of Simple Grace stamp set on page 39
  • Magnetic "paper dolls" with All in the Family and their accessories on pages 84-85
  • Magnetic "paper dolls" with Sock Monkey and accessories on page 90
  • Magnetic build a scene with Season of Friendship on page 114
  • Magnetic alphabets and spelling
  • Calendar in a tin using Mark the Date and Full Calendar on page 148
  • And match game possibilities are endless with all the stamp sets!
I need to get to bed so I can wake up and play this with Miles tomorrow!